Would you like to learn some favorite tips and tricks from seasoned traffic engineers? Do you want to think about interesting traffic engineering problems? Do you want to share your experience to help other engineers?
At Spack Consulting, we huddle as an engineering team to solve all of our engineering challenges. The engineer in charge of the project lays out the situation and then the junior engineers start with questions/thoughts. Us older guys try to use these as teaching moments by asking lots of questions (sometimes they’re leading questions). Then we decide together what we’ll recommend.
As part of our mission to improve transportation globally, we’re going to experiment with letting you in on this process. We’re calling it the Traffic Corner.
Traffic Corner Details
For the next five Tuesdays (starting October 4, 2016), Bryant Ficek, PE, PTOE, Vice President at Spack Consulting and regular contributor to Mike On Traffic and I (Mike Spack, PE, PTOE, President of Spack Consulting and Mike On Traffic) will hold a weekly 30-minute webinar from 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm CST and go through interesting traffic engineering challenges. Here are the topics:
- October 4th _ Improving Pedestrian Crossings on a Corporate Campus, view the webinar recording here.
- October 11th _ Improving Parking in a Lifestyle Shopping Center, view the webinar recording here.
- October 18th _ Removing a Left Turn Lane to Provide a Bike Lane, view the webinar recording here.
- October 25th _ Access and Circulation at a Distribution Center
- November 1st _ Managing Event Traffic
You will receive a notice with a link to the time and call in information for the webinar.
We’re hoping the webinars will be interactive, educational, and fun. And don’t worry if you can’t make it live. We’ll record the webinars and post those too.
We’re running this as a five-week experiment. I’ll definitely let you know if we’re going to keep it going after that!