I’m proud to announce our recently signed partnership with PTV Group North America, and more specifically, to help them promote their Vistro software. I was first approached at the 2015 PTV America User’s Group Meeting, where I presented on “How Vistro is Improving Our Traffic Studies”. Given our regular use of the software, this partnership is a natural extension of our consulting methodologies.
This partnership does not mean that we will now start calling and emailing every day to try to get you to buy Vistro. We’re not pushy salesmen. What you will see is a blog post each month detailing how we’re using Vistro along with tips and tricks (this isn’t much different than what we’ve been doing naturally over the last couple of years).
We entered into this partnership because we’ve incorporated Vistro into our everyday use and think everyone who prepares Traffic Impact Studies can benefit from using the software. Not much will actually change on the blog with the partnership – you can expect more of what we have previously provided:
- How we use Vistro in our consulting work
- Examples of using Vistro
- New updates and features of Vistro
To restate, the benefits we’ve seen in using Vistro are:
- Simple Scenario Manager – Able to quickly set up and evaluate multiple scenarios within the same file
- Better Adaptability – Vistro handles most of the math for you to be able to instantly edit trip generation and/or trip distribution
- Ease of Transfer to Micro-Simulation – Vistro provides a relatively smooth transfer to VISSIM, meaning this powerful micro-simulation can easily be run when needed for one or more scenarios on a project
- Improved graphics – Vistro provides ready-made graphics, including study intersection geometries, base volumes, development volumes, and final volumes
Our business has improved with the use of this software. We’re roughly twice as efficient using Vistro vs. our old method of spreadsheets and Synchro.
The thing that sealed the deal for us agreeing to work with PTV – I’m able to offer you a $250 discount off of Vistro. Simply use or mention the Promo Code “SPACK16″ when ordering from PTV North America. We know you will find the same efficiencies that we have and wonder how you completed reports before you had this software.
We’re also developing our own training materials for Vistro to complement our Traffic Impact Study training materials at Spack Academy. Look for that launch this summer.
Are you looking for training on how to prepare Traffic Impact Studies (for you or your junior staff) and/or Vistro training? We’re looking for “beta testers” to run through our draft training program (for free). Leave your info in the comment section and we’ll reach out to you or drop me an email with your interest.