PC-Warrants is the granddaddy of software used for doing stop sign and signal warrant analyses per the MUTCD. I've been using it since 2002. Here are some of the key features of the software:
- Imports traffic data from most traffic counting hardware/software. They just added an import feature to bring in data from the COUNTkit system!
- Method for estimating eight hour warrants automatically from peak hour data.
- Implements 2009 MUTCD as well as options to review 2000/20003 warrants.
- Many states have their own tweaks to the warrants – PC-Warrants implements them too.
- Methods for reducing right turns (which is required here by MnDOT).
- Method for importing THE peak hour, not just an even hour (i.e. can choose 4:15-5:15 p.m. instead of 4-5 p.m. or 5-6 p.m.)
In honor of Ridge Engineering adding the import from our PC-TAS software, we're giving away PC-Warrants at Countingcars.com with the purchase of a COUNTkit! Simply purchase a COUNTkit package here, add PC-Warrants to your cart, type WARRANTS into the coupon code, and then check out. Hurry – this offer ends at the end of September.