I sat through Trafficware's 45 minute TripGen Software webinar yesterday. Here's a quick review so you can save yourself 42 minutes:
- Trip Gen is the old Microtrans software that Trafficware purchased.
- Updated with Trip Generation Manual, 8th and 9th Edition data.
- Includes NCHRP 684 methodology for internal capture – nice add on.
- Supposed to be released in March 2013.
- No pricing available yet (this is lame – pricing was the main reason I logged into the webinar – hard to believe they're releasing a product in less than a month and they don't have the pricing figured out).
- You buy the license – no cloud based annual pricing like OTISS.
- Looks functional, but the interface looks like it was designed in the 1990's.
- Doesn't appear that the user can drill into the dataset (i.e. limit by age or location).
- IF it costs less than $500, it will be a better deal than using OTISS or buying the hard copy of the ITE Trip Generation Manual.